Greensboro Beautiful / Celebrating 50 Years
Incorporated in 1968, Greensboro Beautiful, Inc. is a nonprofit, 501(c) 3 volunteer organization which partners with the City and citizens of Greensboro to conserve and enhance the beauty and ecology of our community.
We do this through the private funding and volunteer support of individuals and corporations, civic and youth groups, foundations, faith communities and families to initiate community enhancement projects and programs.
Our work is funded through donations from people like you who give $25, $100, $500, even thousands of dollars each year to make sure Greensboro Beautiful can continue garden enhancements, tree plantings, litter cleanups, and to bring free garden events to our community.
Through it’s unique partnership with the City of Greensboro, City staff is provided to coordinate, implement and administer these projects and programs.
Greensboro Beautiful Commisions Garden Paintings
As part of its 50th Anniversary Celebration, Greensboro Beautiful is collaborating with local artist William Mangum to commemorate this extraordinary milestone by commissioning four signature paintings – original artwork of the Tanger Family Bicentennial Garden, the Bog Garden at Benjamin Park, the Greensboro Arboretum, and Gateway Gardens.
Mangum will also produce 11” x 14” reproductions of each of the four signature paintings. Reproductions will be made available at Greensboro Beautiful’s events. The reproductions will be provided as a thank you for special donations made to Greensboro Beautiful with 100% of the contribution going to benefit Greensboro Gardens.
The first original painting of Gateway Gardens will be unveiled at Greensboro Beautiful’s Groovin’ in the Garden event on Sunday, April 29.
Greensboro Beautiful Tree Planting Programs
Greensboro Beautiful’s tree planting programs help Greensboro maintain its Tree City USA status. Through these programs, citizens and volunteers play an active role in keeping the green in Greensboro.
• NeighborWoods: Planting trees in neighborhoods and public areas throughout Greensboro.
• Memorial & Honor Trees: Remember, honor, and celebrate with the lasting gift of a tree.
• Right Plant, Right Place: Plan before you plant near or under electrical utility lines.
• Arbor Day: Greensboro is a Tree City USA.
• Tree Fund: Help preserve and restore the tree canopy in Greensboro! Your tax-deductible gift helps keep the “green” in Greensboro. Give now.
Greensboro Beautiful Clean Community Programs
Greensboro Beautiful engages individuals to take responsibility for improving our community’s environment. Hundreds of volunteers come together throughout the year to get litter out of our streams, off our streets, and out of our neighborhoods.
• Big Sweep Greensboro: Annual litter cleanup held in the fall.
• Great American Cleanup: Annual litter cleanup held in the spring.
• Winter Wipeout: Annual litter cleanup held during the winter months.
• Community Appearance Index: Volunteers assess our community’s appearance to determine its impact on our city’s quality of life.
• Med Toss: Each year, Greensboro Beautiful assists local agencies in promoting safe medicine disposal.